Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bridge to Brisbane Funrun

The Bridge to Brisbane has become a must do event for me over the last 4 years. And especially more so since I got hooked on running 2 1/2 years ago.

Today hubby & I did the 10k run & really enjoyed it! I didn't put any pressure on myself & just cruised along, treating it as another Sunday training run in my preparation for the Melbourne Half Marathon in October.

I love running so much - I know it's great for me physically & it does wonders for me mentally. I have suffered from depression ever since I can remember & although on medication, sometimes it's still not enough. However, when I'm out running, nothing matters! And when hubby comes with me on a training run, it's great because we get to solve the world's problems at the same time!

Now all I have to do is get the eating part right & I can be the slim, confident & healthier person I want to be. That's where the 12wbt will help me I'm sure. Although I have noticed that since signing up I have already started thinking more about what I'm eating.

Before I finish off, I want to give a HUGE thank you to my wonderful husband - although I know he could have run the race much quicker today, he stayed with me, encouraging me along - and I really love him for that!

Until next time,

Maria :)



Until next time

1 comment:

  1. You know, I love running too. I have lost 20kgs over the past year and I love the freedom and the buzz of a great run. I love that it's all about me and I can think my own thoughts and nobody wants anything while I'm running. I love that I can run and play with my dog and burn calories at the same time. I've hurt my lower back and knee recently which has slowed down my running, but acupuncture has really helped and I'm riding high on the running buzz again! Take care and make sure you match your running effort with your eating plan!

    ReplyDelete